|This article is a Stub. You can help by adding to it.|
Pokémon Sun, along with Pokémon Moon are the first pair of games of Generation VII.
- The Poké Finder, Festival Plaza, Battle Royale, and PokéPelago are added.
- Both games are twelve hours apart; Pokémon Sun is at day, while Pokémon Moon is at evening.
- Pokémon-Amie has been updated to Pokémon Refresh.
- The Pokédex is now possessed by a Rotom.
- The player can face trials, with include guide by Trial Captains and battles with the Kahuna Leaders.
- The Alola criminal organization is Team Skull.
The adventure starts in the Alola region, filled with beaches, tropical trees and water. There are a load of new features: Z-Moves, Z-Crystals, Alolan forms of Pokémon of previous generations, The Rite of the Island Challenge, Hyper Training, and Poké Ride!
- Rowlet - Grass/Flying-type Pokémon which evolves into Dartrix and then into Decidueye, gaining the secondary Ghost type, replacing the Flying type.
- Litten - Fire-type Pokémon which evolves into Torracat and then into Incineroar, gaining the secondary Dark type.
- Popplio - Water-type Pokémon which evolves into Brionne and then into Primarina, gaining the secondary Fairy type.
- The graphics of this game are no longer chibi. In fact, the characters look taller and more realistic.
- Starting from these games, HMs are turned into Poké Ride, they are also used as actual moves as well!
- The bases that used to appear in battle from previous games are now removed.
- This is the first Pokémon game that doesn't feature gyms.
- Solgaleo and Lunala are the first legendary Pokémon to have devolved forms.
- They're also the first legendary Pokémon to be owned by another character before letting the player catch it, originally belonging to Lusamine who gave it to Lillie.
- The shaking grass feature has come back.
- Every time you catch or evolve your Pokemon, the Pokedex will register in front of you automatically.Pokémon video games
Main games in seriesGame Boy [Blue · Green · Red · Yellow] Game Boy Color [Crystal · Gold · Silver] Game Boy Advance [Emerald · LeafGreen · FireRed · Ruby · Sapphire] Nintendo DS [Black · Black Version 2 · Diamond · HeartGold · Pearl · Platinum · SoulSilver · White · White Version 2] Nintendo 3DS [Alpha Sapphire · Moon · Omega Ruby · Sun · X · Y] Ranger series Stadium series